Monday, January 9, 2012

A Mixed Drink Under 100 Calories?! Believe It!

I do enjoy partaking in an adult beverage on occasion, but I don't enjoy drinking away the limited number of calories I have available.  And while I really love blended drinks, on occasion it's actually too cold for them!  So I created this recipe, which is in the spirit of Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien, author of Hungry Girl Happy Hour (which is full of reduced-calorie cocktails), who inspired me.

Dana's Cran-Tastic Low-Cal Margarita

4 oz. Jose Cuervo Light Margarita Mix
4 oz. Ocean Spray Light Cranberry Juice Drink
1 oz. tequila
1 cup ice, cubed

Place ice in a cocktail shaker.  Pour in margarita mix, juice, and tequila.  Cover and shake.  Strain beverage into a margarita glass, with or without additional ice, and enjoy.




Serves:  1
Calories:  94...yes!  That's it!


Note:  I personally do not recommend using this recipe to make a blended drink.  All that extra ice just eliminates the flavor.  You can try it, but don't say I didn't warn you!

No comments:

Post a Comment