Friday, March 23, 2012

Eureka! Cookies

I have a thing about cookies.  I don't like them dry.  Or crumbly.  I like them moist, and I want them to stay moist once I've stored them.  And, as you may have seen on my last post, I have a chocolate chip cookie recipe that is my go-to.  They're perfect (in my opinion anyway).  But I haven't been able to find a comparable chocolate cookie recipe that meets my standards.  Yes, I'm picky.  So I've been on a quest to bake the perfect chocolate cookie for a very long time.  And I think I've finally found it.  Hence...Eureka! cookies.


Eureka! Cookies (Chocolate Peanut Butter-Chunk)
Adapted from Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 scant teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 cup (2 sticks) sweet cream butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures, chopped (approximately 15)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa into a medium bowl.  Set aside.  Using a hand or stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together.  Add eggs and continue mixing.  Add vanilla extract and mix until completely blended.  Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and cream together.  Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add chocolate chips and chopped peanut butter cups, mixing until evenly combined.  Using a medium-size cookie scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheet in rows.  Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, rotating cookie sheets between racks at 4-5 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes to allow the cookies to set up.  Then move to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before storing in a sealed container.

Makes approximately 3 1/2 dozen medium-sized cookies
132 calories per cookie


Click here for a printable copy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment