Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Hot Summer Calls For An Icy Drink!


Today isn't bad, at least in our neck of the woods, but this has been a ridiculously. hot. summer.  And when I relax with an adult beverage in the evening, a warm red wine doesn't do a thing to mellow me when it's so uncomfortably toasty!  Usually, I make myself some variation of Hungry Girl's Magical Low Calorie Margarita.  I'll swap out the tequila for vodka or rum, and change the Crystal Light Lemonade to Crystal Light Peach Mango or Hawaiian Punch Berry Blue Typhoon (available at WalMart), which reminds me a lot of a "grown-up" Icee.  Recently, though, we had house guests who left behind an almost-full bottle of Beringer White Merlot.  Not my favorite (at all), but it seemed a shame to let all that (okay) wine go to waste.  So I decided to try something.  I call it the...


Skinny Raspberry Merlot Cooler

1/2 c. Sprite Zero
1/2 c. White merlot
1 on-the-go package Crystal Light Raspberry
3-4 c. ice cubes

Place all the ingredients in a blender.  Pulse 20 times, then blend on high for up to 1 minute.  Pour into a glass and enjoy!

Calories:  About 90.  Yay!   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment