Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Playlists

Several years ago, when iTunes and Amazon's music libraries started becoming extensive, I began a new holiday tradition - a compilation CD (or playlist).  Every year shortly after Thanksgiving, I listen to Pandora's holiday stations to get song ideas.  Then I purchase enough music to fill a CD, label it, and we enjoy it throughout the season.  I try to find a good mix of classic standards, relaxing instrumentals, and contemporary releases.  The songs are great to listen to in the car or to have on as background music during Christmas baking or present opening.  Now I have seven years worth of CDs and a pretty large library of tunes.  The CDs also make great stocking stuffers for friends and family.  My sister even checks with me each year to find out if I'm still continuing the tradition.  I thought if she and her family enjoy it so much, it might be fun to share my latest playlist with you (and include links so you can purchase the songs, too!).


2012 Christmas Playlist
  1. Happy Holiday/The Holiday Season - Andy Williams
  2. Joy To The World - Third Day
  3. Heaven Everywhere - Francesca Battistelli
  4. Christmas Comin' Round Again - Scotty McCreery
  5. Ding Dong Merrily On High/Chimes Reel (Medley) - Craig Duncan
  6. Let It Snow - Rhonda Vincent
  7. I'm Gettin' Nuttin' For Christmas - Shirley Temple
  8. Up On The Housetop - Gene Autry
  9. Angel's Dance - Cincinnati Pops Orchestra
  10. Where Are You Christmas - Faith Hill
  11. God With Us - Jeremy Camp
  12. Gabriel's Message - Sting
  13. Messiah Hallelujah Chorus - Alexander Vilumanis
  14. I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day - Frank Sinatra
  15. Mistletoe - Colbie Caillat
  16. Ar Hyd Y Nos (All Through The Night) - Joel Rosenberger
  17. I Wish You A Merry Christmas - Bing Crosby
  18. Fum, Fum, Fum - The Von Trapp Children
  19. Go Tell It On The Mountain - Big Daddy Weave
  20. Sing We Now Of Christmas - Pikes Peak Ringers
  21. O, Christmas Tree - Winter Solstice
  22. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Sarah McLachlan
  23. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - Nancy Wilson
 What fun Christmas traditions do you have that you enjoy every year?  Please comment and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment